Remapping Porsche Boxster S

Forums Tuning forum Remapping Porsche Boxster S

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wolf
    Participant

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/v11o/public_html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4773

Hi,

Is there much of a difference in function or feature of what the various versions of MPPS clone hardware? ie V16, V13.02ect. And do the different versions of hardware restrict what version of MPPS software you run?

Interesting to not that the V13.02 hardware incorporates the hardware into the OBD2 port plug, whilst V16 incorporates a “black box” that is pluged in between the OBD2 port and the USB uplink.

Im looking to remap my Porsche Boxster S, which I have reengineered from both self fabricated and bought parts. I grew very tired of the Porsche forums, as they are very negative when it comes to modifying your own car and most people of the forums go to a mechanic or a tuning shop to have their vehicles repaired or modified, and only ever from bought parts, never from anything they designed, engineered and fabricated themselves. Which is why I came to your site, as we appear to have a similar mission statement.

Wolf
    Participant

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/v11o/public_html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4773

I ended up buying the MPPS V16 Gold edn with Bluetooth. Not that you would ever flash via Bluetooth. Cable is almost always more reliable and stable than RF. I think the Bluetoth is more for streaming error codes and data to an app on your mobile, similar to the Bluetooth streaming OBD2 ELM327 to Torque App I currently use for tracking O2 voltage, Short and Long Term Fuel Trims, Error codes ect (Highly recommended).

I will let you know how I progress/ perform a review, once I recieve the Remapper.

Cheers

David McLuckie
    Keymaster

Hey there. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I’ve moved you into your topic so you can post your findings. It might help someone else in the same situation as you.

I think the majority of Porsche owners just like to own the badge. They really don’t care how, what or why the car works.

Torque is one of my favourite apps, it even looks good on the android head unit I’ve got in the Subaru.

I look forward to your remapping results.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.