How to reset the service light on a Volkswagen Polo 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
How do I reset my service indicator dashboard light?
I had great difficulty finding this online, but here’s how to do it:
- Turn the engine off and take keys out.
- Press and hold the button below the speedometer.
- Keep holding, and put keys in and turn on (but don’t start the engine).
- Release button, then turn the button/knob to the right and hold (as if adjusting the clock minutes).
- Hold until the display resets.
- Release the button and remove your keys.
Perhaps Google will index this page and save people some time in future!
PS: I’ve also tested this on a Seat Altea / XL and it works on that too!